Our mission is to educate, inspire and empower all people, including those with minimal access to nature, to be active stewards of the environment and their own well-being.
Welcome to the Environmental Learning Center - a 64-Acre Natural Lagoon Island Preserve open to the public and great for all ages! Experience native Florida in a peaceful lagoon setting with beautiful vistas and close-up encounters with wildlife and native plants in a setting that inspires wellness. Our hours and location are listed below. Come experience the #IndianRiverLagoon through our extensive boardwalks and walking trails, learn about native plants in our Greenhouse, take a canoe or pontoon boat ride with our EcoVentures, experience our 145 gallon Touch Tank at our Discovery Station and Aquariums where you'll learn all about the lagoon, visit our Nature Nook Gift shop full of eco-friendly gifts and a large selection of books on Florida history and wildlife. Enjoy the benefits of membership where your member dollars go to the education and preservation of the Indian River Lagoon and the wellness of our community through close contact with nature and help sustain our campus and grow our programs through giving.
The ELC offers hundreds of programs and events for all ages and abilities on our 64-acre Wabasso Island campus. On-site features include:
- A Discovery Station Interactive Museum with aquariums, 145-gallon touch tank, and hands-on exhibits
- Native plant gardens including plants that attract butterflies
- Waterside Pavilion - a screened in covered viewing area perfect for reading, reflection, or a yoga practice
- Picnic facilities
- Visitor’s Center and gift shop
- 1 1/2 miles of elevated wooden boardwalks, nature trails, interpretive signs and audio tour
- Imagination Station where little ones can freely play in nature with fun activities
- Air Conditioned Classrooms for lectures, meetings, family gatherings and events complete with adjacent full size kitchen for catered events.
- Canoe Launch
- Pontoon Boat available for private rentals and EcoAdventure programs
- George’s Perch overlook to spy over the canopy of tall mangrove trees, George’s Blind, a hidden-away bench on the edge of the Indian River Lagoon where you can sit a spell.
- ADMISSION: Adults & Children over 12 is $5. Children under 12 get FREE admission. Members of the ELC get FREE Admission every day and also at ELC events! So Join Today!
Tuesday - Friday: 10 am - 4 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 12 pm
Sunday: 1 pm - 4 pm
Phone: (772) 589-5050
ELC is a Smoke-Free campus.
Service Dogs only please.
Click here to sign up to be on our email list for our latest news!
255 Live Oak Drive, Vero Beach, FL 32963.
Located at the western base of the Wabasso Bridge on the 510 Causeway.